Wednesday 25 September 2013

Dear God, if you want to talk, then talk...


Dear God, if you want to talk, then talk.
I desire more than a still small voice.
I desire more than a quiet nod.
I desire more than random white noise.


In times of doubt and searing pain.
It helps if you show yourself plain.
Rather than to allow clues so faint.
That my atheist friends mock me insane.


Many times I strain to hear.
Your plans and will for me.
I await with trembling fear.
To take the path I cannot see.


So, dear God, I am here, praying.
Show me a sign or two.
Don't keep my soul hanging.
Don't make me a common fool.


I don't want to wait forever.
I don't want to live unknowing.
I need to see your plan if ever.
You can show it to me, unfolding.


They say faith is not seeing.
Where you're going.
But I can't fight this feeling.
That my life is freewheeling.


Trusting in you takes a lot.
Especially when it's darkest.
I don't want to be found caught.
Defeated in doubts' shackles.


Like a lover would relate to another.
Like a mother would assure her daughter.
Like a siren would wake up the neighbor.
Let your spirit be felt for all to savour.


Let me suggest a helpful list.
To make your presence known.
You can use the aurora borealis.
And let your full glory be shown.


So, dear God, if you want to talk, then talk.
Make it loud.
Make it clear.
Make it last.
Make it sure.


Then, a silent pause weighed on my shoulder.
I felt a soft wind passing over.
Nothing momentous to make me shudder.
As my eyes fell upon the Cross of time immemorial.


If God had talked, he had talked indeed.
It was in a specter that few had paid heed.
History remembers His voice at Calvary.
When His love was nailed in crimson revelry.


So God has spoken,
It's His way of relating.
That His son was broken.
And our response, He's waiting.

Cheerz.

No comments:

Post a Comment