Wednesday 1 May 2013

Shit! I am a Christian

A modern technophile conversion...

Shit! I am a Christian. 

I made the altar call.
Renounced being a ruffian.
I have to stand up tall.  

Since being a Christian.
I shouldn't turn back now.
Told to put faith in action.
To live a life I don't know how.  

Newly minted as a believer,
I like the house of God.
It's full of smiley people,
Who seem to have no fault.  

The girls are pretty.
The guys look swell.
The pastor is chatty.
The gospel's a great sell.  

Now that I am a Christian.
I hear it's really tough.
It starts as a mission.
And ends up really rough.  

Now that I am a Christian.
I need to really strive.
To be more efficient.
To spruce up my own life.    

But things seem different.
If you observe them close.
Members who are reverent,
Are mostly led by the nose.  

Some churches are a place.
Where rules are uniform.
As a set apart race.
To serve and to conform.  

The apologetics is simple.
It brooks no soul searching.
For any teen with dimples.
It's 5-step to explain suffering.    

Now that I am a Christian.
I hear the church is rich.
If I am born ethiopian.
Could they spare without a hitch?  


Would it make a dent,

If the Church gave most away?
If the world is drawing to an end,
Why save so much for a rainy day?

Alas, now that I am a Christian.
Where shall I go?
Every church has high attrition.
Whom shall I follow?  

But I guess I am lost.
B'cos my mind is still groping.
For the most popular cause.
In a world that's still groaning.    

This leads me to the Cross.
Of suffering and shame.
God's love is the source.
For whom His only son came.  

Jesus is the reason.
He is my only hope.
In and out of season.
I'll resist the urge to mope.  

No shit! I am a Christian.
It's not going to be easy.
This is my first decision.
To shun the need to be needy.    

So I shall serve in His name.
His love I shall gladly share.
My tongue shall first be tamed.
And "No Ssshucks!", I shall not swear.   
Cheerz.                

No comments:

Post a Comment